Changes to international shipping packages with item value over 200,000 yen
From April 1st, 2017, due to Japan Post's policy change, a customs clearance commission fee will be charged by Japan Post.
■ The charge will be applied in following conditions
- (1)Packages with a total value exceeds 200,000 yen.
Customs clearance commission fee: 2800 yen / package
- (2)Shipping 2 or more packages with values below 200,000 yen in one day, and
the total value exceeds 200,000 yen.
Customs clearance commission fee: 2800 yen / day
Applicable international delivery methods:
- * EMS
- * AIR/International Parcel
- * SAL/International Parcel
- * Surface (Sea) Mail/International Parcel
- * AIR/Registered Small Package
- * SAL/Registered Small Package
As a result, the condition will be applied to the packages shipped from March 31th, 2017 at 8:00 am (JST) using tenso service.
In the case the package cannot clear exporting customs, and the package is returned to tenso warehouse, the customs clearance commission fee will be refunded.
To help our customers avoid the second situation mentioned above, we will arrange part of your packages to be shipped on a different day so that the total value will not exceed 200,000 yen.
If you have any questions about this change, please contact tenso Customer Support .
We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.